I know for a fact that .. 
Everything Happens For a Reason 

What would you say if i asked u not to go?
 To forget everyone, forget everything, 
.. and start over with me

Monday, August 27, 2007
Changes

Gosh. I've been feeling pretty nostalgic today about my whole experience studying away. I don't know. Probably because my sister has been asking questions about going away and me giving her as much advices as possible. I do hope they're all good and useful advices though! HEHE. Weirdly enough.. before this, i watched "Before Sunset" where the movie was pretty much about Ethan Hawke's and this French lady's conversation that went on throughout the whole movie, about catching up on each other's life since the last time they met. That movie sort of summed up my mood and feeling.

I was telling Chubbs how I've changed so much these past 3 years, even when i vowed myself not to let the whole experience change me. I guess we can't fight the fact that people change as time pass by. I was saying that when we're in our home country, we don't tend to realize these changes because we're changing as the people around us change (family, friends etc), cos we see them a lot. But when you're away and you only come back every Summer or so, you realize these little changes in everybody and you tend to appreciate it or detest it (hopefully not). I don't know if change is good or not (most of the time it has proven to be good, Alhamdullilah), but i've come to realize that i dont do change well. I guess im still settling in with the change. I'd be lying if i said nothing has changed around the family or home. I see it, but i'll just live with it.. Just like they're dealing with MY changes.

Somewhere in the movie, Ethan was explaining how we don't really change, just that we have a set point. When something great happen to us, we undergo the process of settling in. But eventually when we get used to the new situation, we're still more or less the same. For example, if some jerk won a lottery (i dont know why really).. he would still be a jerk, but with a cadillac, house and a boat. If you get what i mean =P

There was a part in the movie when Ethan said "Desires are the fuel of life". I think so too. If we never wanted anything, do you think we'll be happy? It has been human nature to want more, desire more.. and that pushes us forward and strive to achieve better... don't you think? But i know that our religion has taught us to be grateful of what you have. "Bersyukur". Someone wise once told me that those who has been successful in life are those who are most grateful. He was right. I am yet to be proven otherwise.

Okay, this is too much thoughts for one night, especially when i'm about to hit bed. I just thought i'd end this post with some pictures of yesterday's outing with some cousins. I was bringing along the little ones to watch 'Ratatouille' and told the others to join =) Was great fun, i felt OLD when i was handling the kids. In some ways, it felt good though hehe.

Anyways... PICTURES! Oh... there were 13 of us.. sitting 2nd/3rd row from the screen!

The little rascals, Zafri and Andi.

Everyone except Aiman (took the picture ofcourse)



Tear drop Monday, August 27, 2007 of Normalini a.k.a Santy Rosli